Instagram Nature Captions, Quotes to Level Up Your Amazing Outdoor Photos
Whether you’re looking for inspiration for your next Instagram post, or just need a little pick-me-up, these Instagram Nature captions quotes are sure to strike a chord.
It doesn’t matter if you are thinking about hiking the Fisherman’s Trail in Portugal, walking across the Geierlay Suspension Bridge or embarking on a hut to hut hike in the Dolomites, these quotes will be sure to inspire.
I’ve spend the last 7 years hiking around Europe in awe and wonder and hopefully you enjoy my Nature-Glam photos of flying dresses in Nature combined with lovely poetry, captions and quotes.
Crave the Planet is reader-supported thank you! Anything linked is based on my personal experiences and research, written by me about the adventure or the destination. When you book a hotel, product or tour that Iink to, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Steal these quotes!
Best Quote for Nature Photography
“For an hour I am beyond desire. It is not ecstasy, that leap out of the self that makes man like a god. I am not out of myself, but in myself. I am. To know Being, this is the final grace accorded from the mountain. – Nan Shepard.
That’s from “Meditations”, a journal written about 2,000 years ago by a Roman emperor. Doesn’t it still hold true today?
This quote can be interpreted as a metaphor for the benefits of being in nature, specifically for hiking, and how the nature can be a source of peace and tranquility despite the constant changes and challenges in life.
🔥 🌈Related Reading:
|Unexpected Nature Quotes||Author|
|“A feeling persisted that I never should discover what I sought for unless I could travel in the wild, unpeople parts of the world…”||Clara Vyvyan|
|“I took another walk yesterday and it was the most wonderful of all…when I find myself again lonely and quiet in a lonely quiet country, it moves me deeply.” Simone de Beauvoir||Simone de Beauvoir|
|“I can only. meditate when I am walking. When I stop I cease to think; my. mind only works with my legs.”||Jean-Jacques Rousseau|
|“The air just makes you feel free – free from everything…I don’t seem to be wanting people – just space.”||Georgia O’Keeffe|
|“I accept the peril, I choose to walk high with sublimer dread, Rather than crawl in safety…”||George Eliot|
If Nature was his medicine against the stress of ruling the entire world, I guess it works for me too! If you’re like me and have WAAAAY too many photos and never sure what to say this list will give you some ideas.
From hut to hut hikes in the Dolomites to wandering around your back garden, Nature is everywhere and deserving of some fine words.
- Read until the end where I show you the most stunning Nature trip in all of Europe (or at least one of them).
Best Captions and Quotes for Nature
Nature Captions that Are Funny
Funny Captions for Nature Pics
1. The trees, they’re no good at standing in lines, but they make up for it with their wild and wacky shapes.
2. The flowers, they’re always doing something daft like growing in the most unexpected places.
3. Nature, she’s a bit of a show off, always putting on a colorful display for all to see.
4. The sun, he thinks he’s so bright and warm, but really he’s just a big yellow ball of gas.
5. Nature, she’s a bit of a drama queen, always making a fuss with her thunderstorms and hurricanes.
6. The moon, he’s always changing his mind, one minute full and round, the next a thin crescent.
7. Nature, she’s a bit of a tease, always hiding her secrets in the depths of the ocean.
8. The wind, he’s always blowing hot and cold, one minute whispering sweet nothings, the next howling like a banshee.
Funny Quotes for Nature Photos
9. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” ― The Buddha
10. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” ― The Dalai Lama
11. “Nature doesn’t really care about our existence, which is both terrifying and liberating.” – James Cameron
12. “In the great outdoors, even the smallest things can make a big impact. Just look at the mosquito.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
13. “The beauty of nature is that it doesn’t need filters or hashtags to be stunning. It just is.” – Unknown
14. “Nature has a way of reminding us that we’re not as in control as we think we are, and that’s both humbling and exhilarating.” – Terry Tempest Williams
15. “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir
Stoic Nature Captions for Instagram
Instagram Captions About Growth
16. Nature is not a playground, it’s a battlefield.
17. The mountains are not a conquest, they are a test of character.
18. Nature is not a destination, it’s a journey.
19. The oceans are not to be tamed, they are to be respected.
20. Nature is not a sanctuary, it’s a challenge.
21. The forests are not a refuge, they are a proving ground.
22. Nature is not a teacher, it’s a mirror.
23. The deserts are not a hindrance, they are a test of survival.
24. Nature is not a hobby, it’s a way of life.
25. The wild is not a place to escape, it’s a place to face oneself.
Stoic Nature Quotes
25. “Roads were made for journeys not destinations.” – Confucius
26. “We ought to fly our thoughts in the direction of what is good and beautiful, but they keep getting dragged back down by the magnetic pull of our problems and concerns. This is what happens when you fail to attach your mind to things that transcend the concerns of the world.” – Epictetus
27. “The tranquility that comes when you stop caring what they say. Or think, or do. Only what you do. Not to be distracted by their darkness. To run straight for the finish line, unswerving.” – Marcus Aurelius
28. “Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look there.” – Marcus Aurelius
29. “If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now.” – Marcus Aurelius
30. “He who is in harmony with nature hits the mark without effort and apprehends the truth without thinking.” – Confucius
⛺️ Check our Full List of Cute Camping Slogans
Captions for Queens of Nature
31. Nature is my runway and I’m serving looks.
32. Hiking in heels? I do it better.
33. Camping? More like glamping.
34. Mother Nature can keep up with my fabulousness.
35. Riding off into the sunset, looking fabulous.
36. Nature is my catwalk and I’m killing it.
37.Just a queen taking a stroll in her royal garden.
38. Nature is my salon, and I’m getting a fresh new look.
39. I’m not lost, I’m just taking the scenic route.
40. Nature is my stage and I’m stealing the show.
Essential Forest Captions
Good Captions to Post on Instagram
41. The forest whispers secrets, but only the bravest ears can hear them.
42. The trees are not just green, they are a symphony of colors, waiting to be seen.
43. The forest is not a maze, it’s a treasure map waiting to be discovered.
44. The trees are not silent, they sing a song, only the still can hear.
45. The forest is not a playground, it’s an adventure waiting to happen.
46. The trees are not just a source of oxygen, they are a source of magic.
47. The forest is not a prison, it’s a sanctuary for the soul.
48. The trees are not just wood, they are stories waiting to be told.
49. The forest is not just a place to hike, it’s a place to reconnect with oneself.
50. The trees are not just a background, they are the main characters in nature’s drama.
51. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
52. “The forest is a peculiar organism of unlimited kindness and benevolence that makes no demands for its sustenance and extends generously the products of its life activity; it provides protection to all beings, offering shade even to the axe-man who destroys it.” – Gandhi
53. “The forest makes your heart gentle. You become one with it… In the forest, nothing is yours, and yet everything is.” – Zen saying
54. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
55. “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” – John Keats
Quotes for Nature Instagram Posts
56. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
57. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
58. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
59. “Nature is not a thing, it is a process.” – J.B.S. Haldane
60. “Nature is the art of God.” – Dante Alighieri
61. “Nature is not simply a place to be; it is a feeling to be experienced.” – S. Wright
62. “Nature is the source of all true knowledge. She has her own logic, her own laws, she has no effect without cause nor invention without necessity.” – Leonardo da Vinci
63. “Nature is a language and every new fact one learns is a new word.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
64. “I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.” – from “Song of Myself” in Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
65. “The beauty of nature is that it is always there for us to find solace in, to find peace in, and to find inspiration in. It reminds us of the power of the present moment and the wonder of the world around us. Embrace the beauty of nature, and let it remind you of the power of your own inner strength.” – Morgan
Top 20 One Word Nature Captions
Nature Caption 1 word
|Category||Nature Captions & Quotes|
|Best Funny Captions||I’m not lost, I’m just taking the scenic route.|
|Best Stoic Caption||Nature is not a teacher, it’s a mirror.|
|Forest Essential Captions||The forest is not a maze, it’s a treasure map waiting to be discovered.|
|Best Nature Quotes||“For once I felt truly free.” Mathilde Blind|
|Best One Word Nature Caption||Astonishing|
Best Nature Quotes for Photos
86. “I can only. meditate when I am walking. When I stop I cease to think; my. mind only works with my legs. – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
87. “A feeling persisted that I never should discover what I sought for unless I could travel in the wild, unpeople parts of the world…” – Clara Vyvyan
88. “For an hour I am beyond desire. It is not ecstasy, that leap out of the self that makes man like a god. I am not out of myself, but in myself. I am. To know Being, this is the final grace accorded from the mountain. – Nan Shepard.
89. “I took another walk yesterday and it was the most wonderful of all…when I find myself again lonely and quiet in a lonely quiet country, it moves me deeply.” Simone de Beauvoir
90. “The air just makes you feel free – free from everything…I don’t seem to be wanting people – just space.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
Emily Dickinson Nature Quotes
91. “A little madness in the spring is wholesome even for the king.”
92. “Nature is a haunted house – but Art – is a house that tries to be haunted.”
93. “Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door.”
94. “A wounded deer leaps the highest.”
95. “Dwell in possibility. Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.”
Adorable Nature Captions for Instagram
96. Does that cow have a necklace on?
97. Not all classrooms have four walls.
98. Taking a walk through the woods with my best furry friend is my idea of a perfect day.
99. Watching baby animals play in the sun is like medicine for the soul.
100. The petals are like pedals on a bike.
Adorable & Cute Nature Quotes
101. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
102. “Nature has a way of finding our weakest spot, but also our strongest.” – Michelle Obama
103. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” – John Ruskin
104. “There’s something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” – Barack Obama
105. “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” – Joseph Campbell
Captions for Nature Beauty
106. Mountains, Please.
107. The best moments in life are the ones spent outside, surrounded by the beauty of nature.
108. Sometimes the most beautiful things in nature are the ones we almost miss.
109. In the stillness of a misty morning, the beauty of nature is on full display.
110. The beauty of nature is that it never asks for anything in return, yet it always leaves us feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Nature Beauty Quotes
Natural Beauty Quotes
111. “We have to walk in a way that we only print peace and serenity on the Earth. Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
112. “If we don’t have a place for nature in our heart, how can we expect nature to have a place for us.” – Abhijit Naskar
Nature Therapy Captions Instagram
113. “I believe that if children fall in love with wildlife they will grow up wanting to protect it.”
― Imogen Taylor
114. “The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Captions for Nature Therapy
115. Nature has a way of reminding us to slow down, breathe deeply, and appreciate the simple things in life.
116. This is where I belong.
117. I’m nurtured by Nature.
118. Nature is my medicine.
119. My happy place.
120. Be still. Connect. These are the laws of nature.
Nature is the Best Therapy Quotes
Therapy in Nature Quotes
121. “Our relationship to the natural world shapes not just our physical environment, but our culture, our morality, and our sense of self.” – Barack Obama
122. “Nature is not separate from us. We are a part of nature, and nature is a part of us.” – Jigme Dorje, Tibetan spiritual leader
123. “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” – Nelson Henderson, Chinese-American philosopher
124. “Nature is the medicine of the mind.” – John Burroughs, American naturalist
125. “Nature is not an object, but a process.” – Anindita N. Balslev, Indian philosopher
126. “The best teacher is nature.” – Confucius, Chinese philosopher
127. “Nature is the nurse of the mind.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher
128. “Nature is a canvas, a place to paint the picture of the human psyche with all its complexities.” – Sigmund Freud
129. “Not all who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
130. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
131. “I accept the peril, I choose to walk high with sublimer dread, Rather than crawl in safety… – George Eliot
Wildlife Instagram Captions
132. The beauty of nature is not just in its appearance, but in the intricate web of life it supports.
133. Into the wild.
134. The more we learn about the natural world, the more awe-inspiring it becomes.
135. Mother Nature never lies.
136. The majesty of the wild reminds us of our place in the grand scheme of things.
137. In the wilderness, we are humbled by the sheer power and resilience of nature.
138. The wild is not just a place to visit, but a reminder of the beauty and wonder of life itself.
139. Nature’s diversity and beauty never cease to amaze, even for the most experienced naturalist.”
140. The natural world is not just a subject of study, but a source of inspiration and wonder.
141. Nature is not just a resource, but a legacy to be passed down to future generations.
10 Best Wildlife Quotes for Instagram
142. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – George Santayana, Spanish philosopher and writer
143. “Fly fishing is not a braggers game. There’s no glory to win. No competition or comparison between humans. It’s not about growing ego, but removing it. No fish will provide this lesson. It must come from the conscience of the angler. In the most simple explanation, fly fishing is an introspective quest to tame one’s own mind. This can be shared with others, but only discovered alone.”
― Daniel J. Rice
144. “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.” – Isaiah 11:6, Bible verse
145. “Nature is not a decoration; it is a necessity.” – Ann Louise Gittleman, American nutritionist and author
146. “The beauty of the natural world lies in the details.” – Rachel Carson, American marine biologist and conservationist
147. “Nature is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey, American author and environmentalist
148. “Nature is not a thing, it is a process.” – J.B.S. Haldane, British geneticist and evolutionary biologist
149. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
150. “Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” – Jane Goodall
🥾😓 Feeling Overwhelmed Planning a Hike? Use my custom-built online Hiking Time Calculator for Non-techie People.
Nature Captions for Guys Instagram
152. Men argue.
153. That’s what she said. Mother nature! Get your mind out of the gutter.
154. I love Mother Natch.
156. If I was the avatar would I be a blue tree?
157. Where’s my cookie?
158. Never stop hiking!
159. I love Black Friday in the forest.
160. Will hiking ruin my gains?
Nature Instagram Quotes for Guys
161. “Nature is not a place to escape, it’s a bloody opportunity to embrace the wild side of life!” – Monty Python
162. “Nature is not just a place to relax, it’s a canvas to paint your own story.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
163. “Nature is not a place to escape, it’s a place to flex your muscles and show the world who’s boss!” – Hulk Hogan
164. “Nature is not just a sanctuary, it’s a gym for the soul.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
165. “Nature is the ultimate teacher, a guide to living life on your own terms.” – Clint Eastwood
166. “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
167. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
168. “The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.” – Louis L’Amour
169. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
170. “The best views come after the hardest climbs.” – Anonymous
Instagram Hiking Nature Captions
171. Wandering without a cause or care.
172. Never stop exploring.
173. Adventure in nature – the best kind!
174. Getting lost to find myself.
175. Life is better in boots.
176. Wander often…wonder always.
177. I love to explore Nature.
178. Hike More. Worry Less.
179. Another day, another hike.
180. Leave the roads…take the trails.
181. The greatest adventure lies ahead.
182. Let’s get lost.
183. It’s time for Adventure.
184. Nature and Culture Adventure.
185. Take a hike!
186. The world is ours to explore.
187. Lose Yourself – Find Yourself
188. Mother Nature finds a Way.
189. On the Way to Adventure.
190. Trails to tempt the senses.
Hiking Nature Quotes for Instagram
191. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
192. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
193. “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
194. “The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made along the way.” – Anonymous
195. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
196. “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
197. “Hiking is not just exercise, it’s a way to reconnect with nature and escape the stresses of daily life.” – Anonymous
198. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
199. “Hiking is a bit like life: the journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other…again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” – Anonymous
200. “If you’re looking for beauty, you’ll find it in nature.” – Anonymous
Inspiring Nature Captions for Instagram
211. Nature is my happy place, and I’m never leaving #blessed
212. Mother Nature always knows how to put on a show #nofilterneeded
213. Just hanging with my homies…the trees #naturelover
214. Find your inner peace in the great outdoors #hikemoreworryless
215. Nature is my therapy and it’s never closed #mentalhealthawareness
216. The mountains are calling and I must go #adventureawaits
217. Nature is my sanctuary and it’s always open for business #grateful
218. I may be lost in the woods, but I’m found in the beauty of nature #exploremore
219. Life is better when you spend it outside #optoutside
220. Nature is my church and the trees are my congregation #spiritual
Inspiring Nature Quotes for Instagram
221. “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” – Barack Obama
222. “Nature is the best medicine for the mind.” – Sir Richard Branson, British businessman and philanthropist
223. “Nature is not a luxury, but a necessity. Without beauty, without contact with life, we die inside.” – Sir David Attenborough, British naturalist and broadcaster
224. “Nature is the most healing and strengthening thing that anyone can have.” – Beatrix Potter, British author and illustrator
225. “Nature is the art of God.” – Sir Thomas Browne, British author and physician
226. “Nature is the greatest refreshment in life.” – Sir Winston Churchill, British statesman and Prime Minister
227. “Nature is the source of all true knowledge. She has her own logic, her own laws, she has no effect without cause nor invention without necessity.” – Leonardo da Vinci, Italian polymath
228. “Nature, in her most dazzling aspects or stupendous parts, is but the background and theater of the tragedy of man.” – John Ruskin, British art critic, author, and social reformer
229. “Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.” – Francis Bacon, British philosopher, statesman and scientist
230. “Nature is not a place to visit, it is home. We are not visitors in nature, but inhabitants, and if we are to live in harmony with it, we must learn to understand the language of its laws and speak it ourselves.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
Best Nature Trip in Europe
If you’re a Nature lover and want an out of this world experience, the Dolomites in the Eastern Italian Alps will knock your socks off with it’s beauty and splendour. The BEST way to experience them is away from the crowds by hiking to and staying at the high elevation mountain huts called rifugios.
Hut to hut hiking will allow you the space and freedom to experience the best of European Nature. Ready to experience the ultimate outdoor adventure? Click here to learn more about the hike with breathtaking beauty and challenges of hut-to-hut hiking in the Dolomites. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Short Instagram Captions
231. Never too tired for friends & nature.
232. Nature at its magnificent self
233. Wherever you are, be all there.
234. Nature’s beauty, frame by frame.
235. Finally… Paradise Found!
236. Stop. Look. Listen. Breathe.
237. Surround yourself with nature. You’ll be better.
238. Feeling Mother Nature in all her bounty.
238. Finally Home.
239. Truly blessed.
240. Today is a good day.
241. Swapping the concrete jungle for a jungle jungle.
242. Sunshine and roses.
243. Irises and orchids.
244. Never stop believing.
245. What a wonderful world.
246. Friends, family and Nature.
247. Nature’s best.
248. When she shines on you.
249. Life’s a beach.
250. Life’s a peach.
Whether you need a caption focus on the fun or the adventure, these Nature captions should be helpful.
Make someone’s day by sharing this with someone who’s the type of person that loves Nature too.
Did your time in Nature end up with a dirty pack? Read my detailed guides for how to clean an osprey backpack, deuter backpack and how to wash a north face backpack.
250 Nature Quotes and Captions for Instagram
From the wisdom of ancient philosophers to the musings of modern poets, these words about nature will remind you of the beauty and wonder that surrounds us all and help your instagram writers block so you can focus capturing more Nature moments.
Author profile: Morgan Fielder is a physical therapist and passionate hiker who believes in exploring the world on foot with good food. Follow her journey as she shares science-based hiking tips and advocates for sustainable tourism.