Is that a frozen treat or a warm noodle dish? Spaghetti ice cream is a dream!
How much fun!
Spaghettieis or spaghetti ice cream is a novelty treat at one of Germany’s ubiquitous Italian ice cream parlours stationed in just about every small town.
Frozen soft serve vanilla ice cream is shaped into fake noodles, with a strawberry sauce like marinara and shaved almonds masquerade as parmesan cheese.
Also served with PLENTY of whipped cream, like everything else German….real full fat cream is essential and freeflowing in sweet and savory dishes.
It’s typically enough to share between two people unless you have hungry little foodies like ours!
It comes in chocolate versions too!
Post your favorite weird ice cream novelties, ice pops, or frozen treats below.
Stay tuned for our next post about Sardinian Beaches — white sand, fresh fish, amazing fregula pasta!
More Fun Journeys & Stories for Travelling Families that Love Equal Parts Adventure and Culture
- Watch: 10,000 goats deployed to fight forest fires, it’s a holistic effort to fight the effects of global warming.
- Explore: Listen to this podcast with Rick Steve’s Ireland Expert on How to Buy a Swiss mountain hotel during covid.
- Connect to Your Way: get an idea of how to pack wisely (aka lightly) for your first hut-to-hut hike with kids in the Italian Dolomites.
Until Next Time, Adventure Awaits!!!
Crave the Planet
If you enjoyed this post, there’s a couple of things we would love for you to do right now:
- SHARE with friends you think this will inspire.
- Go beyond dreaming and start planning your hut-to-hut hiking trip in Europe soon!
- FINALLY, please join our FACEBOOK GROUP: CRAVE THE PLANET GROUP
Schedule a call where we can discuss your family adventure travel plans, or just to get to know each other. https://calendly.com/sustainableinvestorsgroup/30-min-zoom
Author profile: Morgan Fielder is a family adventurer, physical therapist and travel writer. She is actively involved in the community and advocating for connection and sustainability with her community projects at Cornhole Europa and Sustainable Investors Group.